If you need care, but it’s not an emergency, why go to the emergency room? Even if it isn’t something you want to go to your normal doctor for, an ER visit doesn’t necessarily have to be in your future. Consider instead an urgent care facility. They offer a wide array of services that you might not even think they have, for example most urgent care sites are std testing sites. Whatever service you need though, immediate care is their top priority. Here are a few things you might not know about 24 hr urgent care centers.
1. A survey was conducted by the Urgent Care Association of America, and found that more than 50 percent of patients that go to urgent care facilities wait less than 15 minutes to be seen. The study also showed that only 20 percent of all visits last more than 60 minutes in total.
2. On average your typical ER visit costs about 1,500 dollars. In comparison, receiving treatment at an urgent care facility costs less than 150 dollars.
3. Each year in the United States alone there are approximately 6,800,000 bones broken.
4. Annually there are now 110 million Emergency Room visits.
5. In people under the age of 75, the most common type of fracture is a wrist fracture. However, in those over 75, a hip fracture is the most common.
Whether you are looking for std testing sites or family health care, no matter what you need, as long as it is not a full emergency, an urgent care facility might be a good alternative to taking a trip to the ER. Good refereneces. Reference links. Continue your research here.